Conversational Malay with verb - MAKAN

Today's post of  Conversational Malay with verb - MAKAN will cover 6 dialogues in natural Malay conversation which happens between two friends.


They can be colleagues too in an office setting for example.

Both are discussing on where to MAKAN - meaning where to eat.

The method on using this video to improve your fluency in Malay is not to understand each and every word in English.

Rather, you need to understand the meaning of the phrases or sentences.

Because if you try to understand the meaning of each word sometimes the sentence won't make sense in English as if you are doing a word-by-word translation and in the end it came out as nonsense.

My advice: Understand how is the phrase or sentence is used based on context and observe the tone when I say the sentence. 

My second advice: Memorize the phrase if you can.

Third advice: Repeat, repeat and repeat the exercise to gain fluency.

Check out the video and happy learning!




I Learn Malay

Hi, I'm Zarina from ILearnMalay. I am a native Malay language speaker from Malaysia.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post