Conversational Malay with verb - CAKAP

 Today's post of  Conversational Malay with verb - CAKAP will cover 4 dialogues in natural Malay conversation which happens between two people.



In the previous lesson, we have practised natural conversation with the verb - MINUM and MAKAN.

Check out the link for these in the description box of  Youtube video for those who haven't studied them or you may access from here - MINUM and MAKAN.

In today's lesson, Let's study some natural conversation using the verb CAKAP.

The verb CAKAP could mean all of these in English:

  • to talk
  • to speak 
  • to say
  • to tell 
  • to inform

There will be 4 simple dialogues between 2 people and they will be repeated two times each. After that, you and I will be using these dialogues for practice.

But..but..but.before we proceed...as usual, jangan lupa tolong saya.

Don't forget to help me to grow the channel by doing the following.

  • Subscribe
  • Comment
  • Share
  • Like

Terima kasih sangat-sangat!


Let's start with the first dialogue - dialog pertama. Jom mula!

Cakaplah. Saya dengar ni = Say (it). I’m listening.

Saya dah cakap dua kali = I have said (it) two times.

Cakap apa? = What did you say?

Saya cakap saya lapar = I said I’m hungry.


Dialog kedua = Second dialogue

Dah cakap dengan dia? = Have you talked to him?

Belum lagi. = Not yet.

Habis tu, bila nak cakap? = Then, when will you talk (to him)?

Besok lah. = Tomorrow.


Before we proceed with the third dialogue, just a quick announcement..

To anyone who is interested to improve their Malay especially conversational Malay, do sign up for my personal class. 

Those who sign up will get a FREE lifetime access to 100 useful Malay words and phrases video. 

Go to the link in the description - linktr.ee/ilearnmalay to check the class schedule and the class booking

See you in class!

Now, let's see


Dialog ketiga = Third dialogue

Nak cakap ke tak nak cakap? = Should I say it or not?

Nak cakap apa? = What do you want to say?

Yang aku suka kat dia. = That I like her.

Cakap je lah! = Just say (it)!


Let's continue with our last dialogue

Dialog keempat =  The fourth dialogue

Orang tu cakap apa kat awak? = What did that person tell you?

Dia cakap saya cantik. = He told me (that) I’m pretty. 

Habis tu, awak balas apa kat dia? = Then, what did you reply to him?

Saya cakap terima kasih! = I told him thank you!


You may watch the video of the lesson here:



Well done! Bagus..we have practised 4 dialogues of natural conversational Malay related to the verb CAKAP!

I hope you like this exercise.

Do write me some comments so I know what to improve and what you want to know more about Malay language.

Well, this ends our lesson for today. I hope everyone find it beneficial.

Terima kasih and Until next time.. sampai jumpa lagi. 

I Learn Malay

Hi, I'm Zarina from ILearnMalay. I am a native Malay language speaker from Malaysia.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post